Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for a seasoned Content or Instructional Designer to help us create new products from the ground up to support parents and caregivers. Working with a team of childhood development experts and world-class designers and product thinkers, you'll co-create our digital experience for parents, shaping the content strategy, information architecture, language, tone, and voice of new products. You'll research, explore, craft, test, and iterate on simple and compelling solutions that help parents navigate the trickiest moments as they raise their little humans.
- Help set the vision for content as we develop a complete support system for parents/caregivers with young children
- Translate scientific findings and clinical best practices into intuitive content to support parents.
- Write stellar short- and long-form content that is respectful, concise, supportive, and infused with the Lovevery brand; be excited to co-create content that includes videos, infographics, illustration, animation … whatever is best for helping parents with the problem at hand
- Identify and coach childhood development experts to translate their academic/clinical expertise into plain english and actionable tips; develop content frameworks and best practices to support experts creating effective content themselves
- Be an integral part of our cross-functional team working in close alignment with the founders, Innovation, Product Marketing, Legal, UX and Research teams; influence and adapt to stakeholders and their feedback
- Lead an impeccable and inspiring human-centered design process; collaborate on user interviews, surveys, and competitive audits to understand parents’ unmet needs
Attributes required for success in the role
- Natural storyteller - you know when something is compelling or not. You can identify a gap in a story and pinpoint exactly what could fill it.
- Entrepreneurial— You see opportunities others don’t and are driven to make them real. You’re comfortable stretching outside the bounds of a traditional content design role to do whatever it takes to launch a new product.
- Growth mindset – You love learning and are excited to roll up your sleeves and take on a new skill or tool.
- Collaborative—This is a highly cross-functional role. Success for this role will depend on your ability to translate advice from childhood development experts into actionable, brand-aligned content that solves parents’ unmet needs.
- Humble and relationship oriented— You believe in building up those around you and you know the end result is better when it builds on the work of many. You know how to establish and nurture relationships with all types of people.
- Process oriented— You‘re always looking to improve the way you and the team work. You know how to flex when needed but prefer to establish a predictable and repeatable process.
- Passionate— You care deeply about child development and supporting families in the critical early years of parenting.
- You are a seasoned content designer or instructional designer with 5+ years experience - ideally at a consumer technology company.
- As an outstanding writer and detail-oriented craftsperson, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates concise, effective, and engaging copy that simplifies the overall user experience. Bonus points if you have experience creating courses or adult learning solutions.
- You thrive and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment. You’re comfortable with a bit of ambiguity and are adept at creating structure out of creative chaos.
- You know when to get scrappy and when to hold the quality bar high.
- You’re creative, resourceful, and open-minded.
- You have deep empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- 4 months maternity leave and 2 months parental leave
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Remote working option available anywhere in US
- Global summits in Boise to meet your colleagues IRL
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.