Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting and Finance team. The ideal candidate will have the ability to adapt and prioritize in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment.
- Responsible for assisting accounting team with day to day accounting operations, specifically surrounding accounts payable, employee reimbursements, account reconciliations
- Complete vendor bank verifications
- Assist with transaction uploads into ERP system as required
- Participate in monthly close, journal entries, accruals, expense reports, and other duties as assigned
- Assist with monthly and quarterly close processes for worldwide tax accounts, including preparation of journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation and review of monthly and quarterly sales tax and VAT returns
- Prepare Business License returns, annual reports and other miscellaneous returns
- Maintain corporate tax calendar and return log
- Participate in documentation and information requests for annual audits and annual U.S. based tax filings
- Implement, adhere to, and assist in revisions to system of internal controls as directed by Controller
- Special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution required
- Previous relevant work experience preferred
- Competent in U.S. GAAP standards
- Prior experience working with an e-commerce or retail business
- Prior experience with Shopify, Netsuite or other accounting systems
- Advanced Excel skills, and capable of handling large sets of data
- Ability to work independently, and manage time effectively - capable of handling widely varied responsibilities and several competing priorities
- Thrives in a fast-changing environment with a high willingness to learn
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Remote working option available anywhere in the US
- Global summits in Boise to meet your colleagues IRL
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.