Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for a Director of New Product Strategy to help identify unmet needs that can drive the pipeline of future physical products. Lovevery strives to be a complete support system for families with young children and The PlayKits are the flagship product. This role will help identify ways to expand beyond The PlayKits and continue to improve the products already on the market. We’re looking for someone with deep product sense, child development experience and an entrepreneurial mind who can set the strategy for a new product opportunity, develop and execute a plan to find product market fit and collaborate cross functionally to bring it to life. This role is responsible for synthesizing inputs from internal partners, research (your own and others) into a clear action plan outlining Lovevery’s unique POV on the product space. This person will be comfortable at a strategic and the tactical level—planning and administering research plans and drawing connections across projects to develop deep insights. This candidate will report directly to the Group VP of Innovation. While we are open to remote candidates, we have a strong preference for this candidate to be local to Boise (relocation assistance is offered).
- Partner with GVP of Innovation, other innovation teammates and designers to identify new product opportunity areas
- This role will focus on physical product opportunities for children in and beyond The Play Kits
- A peer role exists for parents/caregivers and the solutions they seek outside of our Play Kits.
- Identify brand- aligned white space
- Find product market fit by understanding our customers, our brand and the competitive landscape
- Push for the insights that matter most for our business, know when a project hasn’t gotten there yet and how to pivot to ensure the required insights are uncovered
- Have the ability to quickly synthesize large amount of information into a clear plan
- Build and execute exploratory research plans to identify unmet needs; utilizing interviews, observations and other applicable methods
- Communicate insights and intent in a way that inspires and activates designers, tightly collaborate with them to explore and refine the final design execution(s)
- Be comfortable in a IC position seeing research through from planning to insights; be comfortable in a facilitator role, engaging multiple stakeholders throughout your work
- Be comfortable in a leadership position, mentoring researchers and leading teams (as direct manager and as inspirational leader across teams)
- Work in close partnership with multiple functions across the organization; Designers, Engineers, Business Development, Product Marketing, Consumer Insights, Content and the founders.
Attributes required for success in the role
- Entrepreneurial— You see opportunities others don’t and are driven to make them real. You are a self starter and balance visionary thinking with proven business results. You’re comfortable taking risks and have confidence in your process to support the risk.
- Product minded— You know what makes a great product, and how to balance intent and cost to deliver high value products. You’re a systems thinker and you can evaluate a product both for its individual value and it’s role in a set of products.
- Strategic and business minded— You see connections across projects and programs, you’re quick to filter the learnings that do and don’t have business impact.
- Collaborative— You love to frame a problem and don’t feel territorial over the execution. You are excited when team members’ executions surprise you and help you reframe the problem.
- Humble and relationship oriented— You believe in building up those around you and you know the end result is better when it builds on the work of many. You know how to establish and nurture relationships with all types of people.
- Process oriented— You‘re always looking to improve the way you and the team work. You know how to flex when needed but prefer to establish a predictable and repeatable process.
- Passionate— You care deeply about child development and supporting families in the critical early years of parenting.
- Organized and a clear communicator—You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous.
- 8-10 years of experience in design research- applying insights to physical products; have seen several strategic projects through to launch and market success
- Preference for years of work or study in the child development space, at minimum empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children.
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing programs and adept at jumping between high level strategy and tactical execution
- Ability to work and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Natural team player.
- Creative and resourceful.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- 4 months maternity leave and 2 months parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done!
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.