Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
As we grow our company, the need for fresh, high quality, and effective creative continues to increase. Lovevery is looking for an in-house Photographer to play a role in driving the look, feel, and execution of our branded photography. The ideal candidate for this role will be well-versed in both studio and lifestyle photography with vast experience in commercial photography. The Photographer will work with Lovevery’s creative team to push our brand and deliver beautiful visual content for all channels.
This person is required to be located in our Boise, ID headquarters. The ability to travel domestically and Internationally is required.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with both studio and lifestyle photography.
- Interpret and execute shot-lists, mood boards and creative briefs effectively
- Continue to visually evolve the Lovevery Brand
- Proficient with Profoto lighting (or similar) with grip experience for various lighting set ups.
- Execute a strong understanding of light, color, composition and movement through the lens and into post production.
- Collaborate with team members to ensure images and design come together to create the best representation of our brand
- Maintain high creative standards
- Always up to date on the newest gear, photography trends & styles, you inspire new ways of thinking, using fresh and unique approaches
- Frequent International travel required, you will need an up-to-date passport
Attributes required for success in the role
- Highly creative with a sharp eye for details — You pore over photography, lighting, and retouching trends for information and inspiration.
- High creative standards — You expect the best from yourself and your team. You care about the smallest details in your work and inspire those around you to uphold the same standards.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. With everyone driving hard to achieve the company’s goals, it is critical to have strong project planning skills.
- Collaboration — Work with the creative team and stakeholders to execute conceptual and photographic directions for all channels.
- Communication — You are comfortable working with all business strategy managers throughout the creative process to meet objectives and timelines.
- 4 year BA / BFA Degree in Photography or similar field
- Due to the in-person interaction with parents and children that is an integral part of this role, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Has 2+ years of professional photography experience (in-house or agency a plus)
- Previous commercial photography experience is required
- A compelling portfolio showcasing examples of applicable work experience
- Awareness of trends, with the ability to interpret them into high performing, brand-consistent creative
- Balances a strong creative point of view with a generous and collaborative spirit
- A strong branding and photography aesthetic
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Process and take action on creative feedback
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time through excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Responsible by nature
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Capture One
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Global summits in Boise to meet your colleagues IRL