Lovevery is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer startup co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
About this role
Lovevery is passionately customer-centric. We rely on research and data to create beloved, world-class products and experiences for families. We are looking for a Sr. Consumer Insights Researcher to join our team. In this role, you will leverage quantitative research methods, data analysis, and strong communication skills to help shape Lovevery’s product and marketing strategies. Sitting within our UX and creative organization, this role reports to the Sr. Director of User Research and supports our UX, marketing, digital, and innovation teams with insights to help shape the future of Lovevery.
What you’ll do in this role
- Enrich our understanding of the behavior, attitudes, and needs of Lovevery’s customers through primarily quantitative research methods. Research topics will span market research, digital product experiences, and consumer insights.
- Take responsibility for all phases of the research that you own (planning, design, recruitment, fieldwork, analysis, insights delivery, and ongoing partnership to help stakeholders take appropriate action based on your insights).
- Recommend, establish, and apply standard processes for effective study design and fielding methods to produce valid, unbiased results (e.g. survey sampling and design, significance testing, regression modeling, bias correction).
- Manipulate and analyze data using statistical tools (e.g., R, Stata, SPSS).
- Translate research data into clear reporting that provides actionable insights and recommendations.
- Manage a portfolio of routine data collection points (e.g., brand tracking, NPS, etc.) and report to stakeholders on a regular cadence.
You’re a good fit for this role if:
- You have 7+ years experience doing primarily quantitative market research for consumer products.
- You have an MA/MS in a social science field (e.g. human computer Interaction, psychology, sociology, information science, marketing, etc.) or in a quantitative field (e.g. statistics, informatics, economics), or comparable industry experience.
- You have a knack for finding “the story” in data. You communicate research insights clearly, efficiently, and credibly to support a diverse group of stakeholders in their decision making.
- Though you’re primarily a quantitative researcher, you have respect for and experience working with qualitative research insights.
- You’re comfortable working in a fast-paced startup. You know how to do “just enough” research and analysis to learn what you need to learn, and can pivot methods and priorities when circumstances require it.
- You are humble, empathetic, and kind. You’re aware you don’t know everything and are willing to learn new things. You genuinely care about helping parents, caregivers, and young children.
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with and passion for early childhood and learning products.
- Experience with advanced market research methods (e.g., conjoint, MaxDiff, price elasticity, etc.).
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock options package.
- The usual paid holidays and a few extras.
- Paid maternity or paternity leave.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Free/discounted Lovevery products.
This position can be remote anywhere in the US.