Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
You’re great for this role if you:
- Have a Full-Stack View with a Front-End focus - You will be architecting a solution that extends from the UI through the back-end and into the data models. Your primary focus is to build robust, high performing native Android experiences and to do so, you will have to provide input into the right back-end APIs to support your work. You’ll deliver full solutions, features and non-functional requirements such as cross-device compatibility, performance, security, and testability.
- Are Experienced and Able to Learn Quickly - You have deep expertise in building, deploying and monitoring full stack native apps. You can quickly architect and build elegant user-facing features and have a point of view on what’s needed from backend systems. While you love learning new technologies, this is not an area where you need to ramp up.
- Are Product-Minded - You will define the ideal technical solution and have input in your squad’s roadmap. You will keep a customer-focus in mind, and be able to prioritize business trade-offs for each roadmap item.
- Are a Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll enjoy working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration are a key part of your success.
- Are Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building things in a robust, scalable way and developing automation and monitoring to prevent regressions that will impact customers' experience with Lovevery.
- Are Pragmatic – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rebuilding e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
- Design and deliver new product features for the Android application, optimize existing features, own the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers.
- Define and establish development best practices and patterns. Stay up to date on Android platform best practices.
- Write code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the code, programming languages, and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Must be bilingual; fluent (advanced) in English comprehension, speaking and writing.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions. You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring areas to work on.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Android app development in Kotlin, and some professional experience with Ruby on Rails, Python, or equivalent server-side programming languages.
- You’re well versed in working with structured data and backend APIs
- You are comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Heroku.
- You have familiarity with test automation tools and frameworks.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You can share at least one apps you have developed, or contributed to, in the Google Play Store. Be prepared to speak to your contributions during the interview process.
- You are driven and hard-working.
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.