Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho, USA. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018. Lovevery was awarded Creativity Awards DTC Brand of the Year in 2023 by Ad Age.
Lovevery is hiring a highly skilled Quality Engineer to help commercialise new toy and consumer product introductions. The job responsibilities include creating quality plans for new products while in development and working closely with our engineering team to ensure all product designs will be safe, compliant to regulations and will stand up to the rigours of child's play.
- Responsible for working with the core development team to ensure concepts being advanced in early stages of toy and child product development are compliant to applicable regulations, meet internal safety standards and will meet the expectations of the consumer from a quality perspective.
- Will develop product level quality specifications that will define regulatory requirements and internal safety requirements to be applied. Will also define reliability test plans that represent brand expectation and will ensure high levels of consumer satisfaction for our premium brand.
- Will provide timely feedback to vendors to address quality, safety and potential regulatory issues identified during development and oversee the progress of solutions.
- Responsible for creating control plans and inspection criteria for products with manufacturers to ensure consistent quality and safety throughout production.
- Will help define and assist with the implementation of a variety of standards across the product line.
- 4+ years of toy and/or consumer product Quality Assurance experience required.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques for wood, plastic injection molding, sewing and metal fabrication is desired.
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering field or related technical field.
- Able to communicate fluently in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
Key attributes of the candidate
- Project management - possess a strong work ethic, be very responsive and be results oriented in all you do. Strong project management skills are a must.
- Strong collaborator and communicator - role requires working effectively and collaboratively with the innovation and engineering functions. Ability to communicate on technical issues is a must. You must also be able to simplify issues to communicate effectively with non-technical staff.
- Attention to detail - laser focus on all details big and small.
- Analytical problem solving skills - have the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively on a wide variety of issues driving to logical and thoughtful solutions.
- Periodic travel to international manufacturing locations in China and other locations as needed
The Benefits/Perks You'll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- Generous paid time off and parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.