Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join the Product Development team. This person will lead taking large scale and/or complex products from concept to reality through the management of a fast paced, cross-functional product development cycle that includes Innovation, Design, Research, Engineering, Content Creation and Manufacturing. This position will report into the Director, Product Development.
This role is required to be located in our Boise, ID headquarters. Relocation assistance can be offered for non-local candidates interested in moving.
- Create and own the master product development schedule in order to bring large scale product lines to life. Build, maintain and manage each product’s project schedule from the beginning of its product development cycle to launch date.
- Manage cross-functional processes that include Innovation, Design, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Operations to take products from concept to reality. You are a natural team player.
- Manage trade-offs for the details of each product in the development process. Ability to identify areas and opportunities for negotiation.
- Work with overseas sourcing team and factories; travel to Asia 1-2 times per quarter post COVID
- Understand dependencies, identify risks, and anticipate potential issues that could impact schedule, and work to proactively resolve problems in order to stay on track.
- Work cross-functionally to diligently prioritize deliverables of product development in a fast-paced environment with multiple stakeholders. Ability to make adjustments along the way.
- Work closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is aligned.
- Track and manage product costs with the Product, Operations, and Finance teams. Perform cost analysis to determine targets for factories and partner with Finance team to negotiate at critical points in the development process.
- Support Director of Operations in achieving supply chain transparency to ensure the Lovevery values of social responsibility and environmental sustainability are met.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Quality departments to evaluate product samples from suppliers. Provide feedback to overseas partners in a timely manner.
- Review customer feedback to gain insight into recent product launches and support Innovation team with product improvement strategies.
- Remain up-to-date on trends in the parent and baby space, and proactively bring those learnings and ideas to your day-to-day work. (Preferred)
- Mentor team members on project management skills
The following attributes in a candidate are essential to success in this role
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. With everyone driving hard to achieve the company’s goals, it is critical to have strong project planning skills and a structured approach to big decisions such as product launch dates, new supplier selection, and manufacturing tradeoffs. You have a passion for creating and a natural ability to identify potential improvements to both quality of products and efficiency of resources used. Familiar with physical product development processes.
- Communication — We aim to hire good communicators in every role, but it is an especially critical quality for the person managing the development of our products to be exceptional in this regard. This is a connective role with important interfaces across the entire company. You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous.
- Process Improvement — We are launching increasingly more products and need to do so with greater efficiency while maintaining exceptional product quality and customer experience. You are able to identify, analyze, and improve upon existing product development and business processes.
- 7+ years of experience with project management or product development and manufacturing processes, preferably with children’s products
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required due to the potential need for international travel in this role
- Strength in project management and detail orientation is essential; knowledge of project management software such as MS Project and other enterprise project management tools
- Experience managing overseas projects preferred
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time through excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and the ability to adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work and remain adaptable in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Creative and resourceful
- Understanding of manufacturing timelines and knowledgeable in manufacturing techniques and processes
- Deep empathy and intuition for parents, caregivers, and young children
- Overall aesthetic sensibility with the ability to visualize, conceptualize and imagine beautiful product experiences our customers will love
- BS in New Product Development or related field of study
Benefits/Perks You'll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Global summits in Boise to meet your colleagues IRL
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.