Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018.
Lovevery is looking for a German speaking Social Media Specialist who has a rich understanding of all different social platforms and is passionate about managing an interactive community of parents. The Social Media Specialist will take charge of mapping out the monthly social media content calendar for our European accounts, and help maintain various platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and Pinterest. In this role, the candidate will be the social go-to for UGC first campaigns. The candidate understands how to connect with social audiences on all channels through genuine interactions and engaging content. As part of the Content team, the position reports to the European Social Media Manager and is based in Amsterdam, NL.
This is an incredible opportunity for a social media marketer who is creative and interested in data, with a deep knowledge of social platforms.
- Owning operation of content calendar and maintaining posting schedule for Lovevery’s European social media accounts
- Mapping out social media content calendar including coordinating translations.
- Briefing and overseeing creative designs in German and English.
- Creating unique German/English assets where needed, e.g. adding German/English in-video captions to UGC reels
- Social content execution, including scheduling and posting feed posts & stories.
- Working closely with the CX and Influencer team on community management and DMs in both German and English.
- Providing own knowledge on local and cultural aspects - such as holidays, traditions, parenting differences.
- Curate and create content related to Lovevery’s mission including owned content, UGC, and Influencer Marketing earned content.
- Lead on regularly ideating on how to optimise content that already lives on other content channels such as the blog and the app
- Help organise all curated content and oversee obtaining the proper rights to repost
- Be an active participant in creative brainstorms for content across all social media platforms.
- Stay up to date on social media trends, the latest best practices across all platforms, and child development research and news.
- Be an investigator who conducts research and uses data/analysis to determine what topics and tactics are inspiring our community.
- Be an intuitive leader who has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and is able to handle projects with ease.
- Be an experimenter who is constantly looking for new ways to surprise and engage our followers.
- Be willing to be flexible about hours in regards to pushing content and managing community (some morning, evening, and weekend hours)
Qualifications and Attributes
- You think parenthood and early childhood are really inspiring things to work on and you have deep empathy for parents.
- You get the Lovevery brand and can represent it authentically.
- A passion for social media marketing and community building is a must.
- 2-3 years of direct experience with Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and TikTok.
- Excellent written communication and grammar skills in both German and English.
- You are a hustler and a creative thinker who is resourceful and doesn’t need hand-holding; You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Always on top of social trends, tools, and staying updated on the latest best practices
- Experience with social media management and content tools, social listening, hashtag strategies, and community management.
- You have strong attention to detail and high organisational and project management skills. You’re able to work relatively independently.
- Organised and results-driven. Extremely comfortable with reporting via social media listening tools and always eager to have a direct impact on our growth.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing/communications or similar with a record of strong academic performance.
- Native German-speaker with fluency in spoken and written English is a must.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits, and stock option package
- 25 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave for new parents
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Commuter allowance
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.