Lovevery is a mission-driven company, passionate about helping every parent feel confident that they are giving their child the best experiences in early childhood. Our team believes in the power of combining physical play products with digital education and support to create an ecosystem for parents that is unmatched by any other brand. In addition to our robust e-commerce platform, we are also building a digital product that gives parents stage-based activities and content, allows them to engage with experts and a community of parents, and makes it easy for parents to know how to promote their child’s development.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer with native iOS development experience who has full-stack breadth to join the Mobile team responsible for this digital product. On the team, you’ll work on every aspect of the customer journey – from getting users into the app, giving them the best, stage-based developmental information tailored to their child, helping them get specific questions answered by child development experts, and helping them learn how to play and get more value out of our toys. You’ll own the client-side app architecture along with the backend that supports it. You’ll think about building best-in-class beautiful and flexible UI, content management, account and subscription management, digital payments, tools for our developmental experts and more. You will do it all with a platform focus in mind - scaling our global audience to millions of customers and continuously looking for opportunities to enhance our technology, increase velocity and maintain a high quality bar. This is a full-stack role that covers architectural vision to implementation.
You’re great for this role if you
- Have an Intrinsic Humble Hustle - You are a go-getter who makes things happen.
- Are Experienced and Able to Learn Quickly - You have deep expertise in building, deploying, monitoring and scaling systems. You can quickly architect and build elegant user-facing features and backend systems. While you love learning new technologies, this is not an area where you need to ramp up..
- Are a Strong Collaborator and Communicator - You’ll enjoy working in a world-class cross-functional team where strong communication and collaboration are a key part of your success.
- Have a Full-Stack View with a Love for Creating Beautiful UI - You will be working on a solution that extends from the back-end and the data model to the UI. You’ll deliver user stories and features and non-functional requirements such as scalability, performance, security, and testability.
- Are Quality-Focused - You will be a champion for building quality code and are willing to write the test before the code.
- Are Pragmatic – You will be building new digital products in this role, and you will also be rebuilding e-commerce platforms and stitching together solutions to create the best experience in the most pragmatic way.
- Design and deliver new product and platform features, optimize existing features, own the frameworks and systems needed to deliver the product vision, roadmap, and strategy.
- Work closely with a product team consisting of a Product Manager, UX Designer, and other developers.
- Define and establish development best practices and patterns, staying up to date with the latest Native Mobile Frameworks.
- Write code considering security, testability, maintainability, scalability, and performance.
- Mentor and pair with mid-level and junior software engineers in order to develop their skills and understanding of the code, programming languages, and frameworks employed within the Lovevery platform.
- You are passionate about understanding the customer and delivering an amazing customer experience through digital solutions. You think parenthood and early childhood are inspiring areas to work on.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have 5+ years of experience building native apps in Swift and/or Objective-C and professional experience with server-side programming languages such as Ruby, Python or Java.
- You’re well versed in working with SQL and relational databases and caching solutions like Redis
- You are comfortable working in a cloud-based architecture such as AWS or Heroku.
- You have familiarity with a test automation tool and framework such as XCUITest or Appium.
- You are an effective collaborator who thrives working with teams to solve complicated challenges.
- You are driven and hard-working.
- Your written and oral communications are clear, concise, and thorough.
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
- Remote working option available anywhere in the US
- Global summits in Boise to meet your colleagues IRL
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.