The Product Safety and Data Analytics Engineer is a key member of the Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance team. This role reports to the Sr Manager, Product Quality and Safety. This individual owns the physical product quality and safety data for the company. This individual will assist in defining department KPI’s and implement methods to collect the data, measure it and make improvements. With product safety being of the utmost importance, this role is responsible for mitigating risk, addressing issues and defining these all important requirements for new products.
- This position owns the consumer safety and quality data associated with the physical products that we produce
- Responsible for partnering with the Consumer Experience Team to collect consumer contacts for the purpose of maintaining and improving the safety and quality of the products we make
- Responsible for analyzing this data to define emerging issues, items that require corrective action and monitor effectiveness of engineering changes
- Help define department KPI’s and build the data collection and reporting capability for defined KPI’s on a monthly basis
- Define state of the art data collection tools, acquire and deploy them
- Develop a method to measure and report on cost of quality along with defining ways to improve over time
- Monitor all product safety data and report it to management
- Partner with engineering to define changes to products to address safety data
- Define standard designs or best practices based on customer data
- Define product safety requirements at the product level that go beyond regulatory requirements
- Research, as appropriate, data to mitigate risk in new products being developed.
- Document product safety mitigation procedures and implement them as appropriate
- BS in an Engineering discipline (mechanical engineering preferred)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Direct experience with data collection, management and reporting (for example, fluency in excel, Power BI, etc)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Consumer products experience a must
- Toy or Children’s Products experience a plus
Salary Range Information
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $71,000.00 to $110,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.